This position is responsible for designing, implementing, and managing the database systems and procedures for the Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative Information and Data Cooperative (GRIIDC).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field.
- Two (2) years of related experience.
- Experience working with and managing relational databases.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL to be able to apply SQL creatively to a wide variety of business requirements.
- Technical documentation skills, self-motivated, detail oriented, creative, and able to think outside-the-box, take the initiative in moving technical ideas forward with clarity.
- Experience working in a development team to be able to utilize excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Designs and develops database tables, views, functions, indexes, and custom data types in PostgreSQL 9.x to provide persistent storage for a custom enterprise application.
- Maintains data integrity by implementing, managing, and testing backup and recovery solutions, maintains high availability of database systems utilizing offsite replication, ensures security controls and measures are applied to database environments, installs, upgrades and maintains all PostgreSQL related server and administration software, and monitors activity, utilization, exceptions, and database health.
- Manages and administers supporting systems and applications and/or assists with design, development, and testing of end user applications.
- Produces logical and physical data models, data dictionary, and document database structure.
- Documents infrastructure and database management procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
For more information and to apply, click here.