GoMRI Administrative Unit
About GoMRI Administrative Unit
The GoMRI Administrative Unit (GoMRI-AU), is an internal department of the Gulf of Mexico Alliance (GOMA), and is responsible for the administration and management of the GoMRI research program.
The roles of the GoMRI Administrative Unit include:
- Managing the Peer Review Proposal Process (selection decisions will be made by the Research Board),
- Administering the grants including operating finance and accounting systems that meet federal audit standards,
- Managing a fully accessible database of results and meta data,
- Coordinating scientific exchanges amongst the investigators, and
- Performing communications outreach to widely disseminate research findings and scientific knowledge.
To assist the GoMRI-AU in conducting these tasks, GOMA has contracted the Consortium for Ocean Leadership, the Northern Gulf Institute, and the Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies.
Administrative Unit Staff
Dr. Michael (Mike) Carron
Office Phone: 228-342-6086
Office Phone: 251-223-2080
Office Phone: 228-215-1240